Below is our list of the top 5 DIY bridal shower craft ideas that are the perfect experience to share with bridesmaids and friends. Create gifts for the bride and groom’s home, or make something all your guests can take home!
1. DIY Bride and Groom Painted Wine Glasses
The bride and groom can use these to toast on their wedding night, and then as a keepsake for the rest of their years together.
- Wine Glasses
- Acrylic Enamel Paint in Black and White
- Fine Paint Brush
- Round Paint Brush
- White Ribbon
- Rubbing Alcohol or White Vinegar
- Paper Towels
- A Small Cup or Ramekin
- Paper Plate
- Begin by cleaning and drying your wine glasses until they are spotless.
- Squeeze one dab of black acrylic paint and one dab of white onto separate paper plates.
- Use the fine paintbrush to collect a small amount of black paint on the tip and begin carefully write “Mr.” on one glass in your best cursive. Be sure to place the letters towards the lower half, where the body of the wine glass is widest. If you make a mistake, just use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel to wipe the glass clean and try again!
- Allow the paint to dry as you move on to the second glass. Using the fine tip brush again, write “Mrs.” in the same location as the previous glass.
- Use the round paintbrush and collect a small amount of black paint on the tip. Begin making small dots in a vertical line starting from the center of “Mr.” and working up towards the top, leaving about an inch gap at the lip of the glass.
- Collect a little more black paint on your brush and trace out a bowtie shape centered right above the dots. Carefully fill it in until you have a solid black bowtie! The Groom’s glass is finished; set aside to dry.
- Before moving to the Bride’s glass, we need to clean the brushes. Pour some white wine vinegar or rubbing alcohol into a small cup. Work the bristles with your finger while immersed in the liquid, then pat dry with a paper towel until completely clean.
- Collect a small amount of white paint with the fine paintbrush and outline a diamond ring centered above “Mrs.”
- Use the round brush to gently fill in the ring with white paint.
- Unravel and cut approximately 8 inches of white ribbon and tie a neat bow around the stem of the bride’s glass. Use a small dot of white paint behind the knot to keep the bow in place.
- Cut off any excess ribbon from the bow and let both glasses dry completely before use!
2. DIY Wall-Mounted Beer Opener
This is great for the beer-loving bride or as a special gift for the groom! Mount it in the kitchssssssssssssssssss
en or in the man-cave.
- Wooden Plank (size and color of your choice)
- Wall Mounted Bottle Opener hardware
- 2 Small Screws
- Acrylic paint
- Paint Brush
- Stencil of your Choice (you can also hand-paint the letters/design if desired)
- Use the sandpaper to smooth out your plank of wood.
- If desired, paint your wood plank the background color of your choosing! Let dry completely before proceeding.
- Next, line up the mountable bottle cap opener towards the top of your plank, making sure it is straight and level.
- Use the screwdriver to secure the opener to the plank with two small screws.
- Place the stencil in the desired location on the plunk beneath the opener. Use a piece of tape on each side of the stencil to ensure it stays put the entire time.
- Using the paintbrush, carefully fill in your stencil with the paint color of your choosing.
- Gently remove the stencil so as not to smudge the paint.
- Allow the paint to dry completely, then mount it to a wall and put it to good use! Cheers to a fantastic DIY bridal shower craft party!
3. DIY Elegant Photo Dream Catcher
This is a creative way for the bride and groom to display photos in their home!
- 6-Inch Metal Ring
- Macramé Cord
- Boucle Yarn
- Yarn Pom Poms
- Mini Clothes Pins
- Hot Glue Gun
- Assorted Small Personal Photos
- Start by wrapping the macramé cord tightly around the metal ring. Be sure there are absolutely no gaps in the cord, you want to cover all of the metal.
- Next, cut dozens of pieces of the boucle yarn into 6- to 7-inch strips. Be sure to vary them slightly, making the finished product look free-flowing instead of straight-edged.
- Tie one end of each strand closely together at the bottom of the loop, working your way out until the bottom ¼ of the loop is covered in the threads.
- Cut three pieces of the macramé cord and tie them from one side of the ring to the other. Be sure to space them out slightly so there will be room for the photos to hang between them.
- Use the hot glue gun to stick the yarn pom-poms to the side of the ring. Bunch them close together – and for the best effect, use varying sizes and colors.
- Lastly, use the clothespins to clip your personal photos to the strings inside the ring.
4. DIY Vision Board
This is a beautiful way for the new couple to envision their lives together! Fill it with photos of places they want to visit, inspiring relationship quotes, or advice from loved ones.
- Chalkboard and Chicken Wire Frame
- Liquid Chalk Markers
- Acrylic paint
- Inspirational cards, quotes, photos, etc.
- Hot glue gun
- Embellishments (buttons, jewels, glitter, etc.)
- Begin by deciding if you want your board to be vertical or horizontal. Look at the wall you’ll be placing it on and see which layout would work best in that space.
- Paint the frame of the board the color of your choosing (optional). Let dry completely.
- Glue any embellishments of your choosing to the frame using the hot glue gun.
- Pick a phrase or mantra that motivates or inspires you and use the liquid chalk marker to write it on the chalkboard in a creative way.
- Use the clothespins to secure your inspirational items to the chicken wire.
- As life changes, be sure to update your board. Every few months, reassess your goals and adjust your board accordingly!
5. DIY Celebrate Calendar
This calendar is a great way to remember birthdays, special events, and holidays! The new couple can hang it in their home to remember the events important to each family. Each tag can have the name of a family member and the date of their birthday or words like “Anniversary”!
- Thin Wooden Board (at least 14″ long)
- Ultra-Fine Point Sharpie
- Small S Hooks
- Mini Screw Eye Pin Hooks
- Small Wooden Tags (Shapes of Your Choosing)
- Acrylic Paint
- 2-Inch Paint Brush
- Begin by choosing what color you want your baseboard to be.
- Use the two-inch paintbrush to completely cover the board in the desired color. Let dry completely.
- Paint all the wooden tags with your desired colors. Let dry completely.
- Painting the word “Celebrate” in the center of the board using a different color (you can either stencil or free-hand!). Let dry completely.
- Next, use the Sharpie to write the abbreviations for each month along the bottom of the board – make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Below each month, twist the mini eyehole screws into the bottom of the board.
- Use the sharpie to write out the different holidays and celebrations on each tag.
- Use the small S hooks to link the tags together. Each strand should be for a different month, in order by the date on the tag.
- Connect each strand to its corresponding month by hooking the top S-hook to the eye hole screws on the board.
- Hang the calendar on your wall and never miss another holiday or birthday again!
Now you’re well on your way to hosting the DIY bridal shower craft party of your dreams! We hope you enjoyed these “do it yourself” activities as much as we enjoyed putting them together. They’re the perfect way to create a personalized souvenir to mark this momentous occasion. Good luck on your big day!
Want to skip the supply-purchasing and cleanup? Host your DIY bridal shower craft party at Pinspiration. With a variety of yarn, embellishments, and all necessary supplies provided, Pinspiration has got you covered for all of your “do it yourself” – plus, let us worry about the mess and clean-up! You can make any of the crafts above and more. All you need to think about is where you’re going to display it – book an appointment at pinspiration.com